My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Stitching Goals

I have been thinking and thinking and thinking some more about my stitching and the state that the stitching is in. In my dream world, I would have all day to stitch and all the things I want stitched would be finished in such a timely matter, it would make my head spin. But that is not the case. I have such a tendency for bigger and/or more intricate patterns. I have lots of stash and patterns that I want to do. I have an even bigger wish list so I need to now live to be over 200 years old. The reality is I want to stitch but can't find the time. At least these days anyway. I am sure once school is out, I will have more time especially since we go to the pool club most days and I sit and stitch while the kids swim and play.

Right now I have the following projects that are started and I want finished...

Tesori D'Italia
Coffee by Mystic Stitch
Victorian Sink from UK Cross Stitcher

I have tons I want to start and I am getting such an itch to start something. Of course everything I want to start is BIG!! My list is in my sidebar under the Multi-Project Challenge. I even found a few things I may add to the challenge. I haven't decided yet.

What to do? What to do?

As of right now, Coffee is on the back burner. Tesori is in the closet (we had company and I didn't want little fingers to dirty my huge piece of linen) and Victorian Sink is in the car. The sink is about the only thing that will be finished soon.

I pretty much know I have to get back to Tesori and I do know I want to get some of my challenge complete. So with that said, I plan on getting Tesori out later today so I can stitch during Dancing with the Stars tonight. I will be working on the sink later today. Coffee will sit a bit longer til I am finished up the next two regions of Tesori. Once I bring Coffee out, I will add another BIG thing from my list for the rest of the summer. If all goes well, I could possibly finish Coffee and start the Fall with a new project. That would be cool.

So all in all, my stitching goals are pretty much the way they have been. The only difference is I haven't had time and I don't see a lot of open blocks of time til June. :( Hopefully in the next couple of days, I will take pictures of the state of my current stitching. Who knows, maybe just maybe there will be progress before then. :)

P.S. I did manage to read ONE book and will start another tonight at bedtime. DD is over half way through her book which will be a Book Report due at the end of May. YEAH US!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Concetta said...

If you had all day to stitch, you'd get bored of it in no time I'll bet! :) I was so busy during the winter with renovations and guests I hardly picked up my needle... it happens. You'll get some stitching time back eventually and will finish your beautiful projects eventually too. :)

I always love seeing your updates! I hope all the family is well. It sounds like May is going to be a special month for you.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I did not copy you on my blog (spooky though).
I have a few more projects than you, but I just can't stitch for hours on end anymore. I see a change-I really want to make a dent in one piece and I'll work on it for 2 or more weeks and nothing else!
I haven't read a book in months-that I miss and I'll have to get into again.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Von said...

I'm glad your dd is enjoying her book! My favorite childhood memories are of riding my bike to the library each week and reading the summer away! Happy reading and stitching! :D

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home