My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Officially Spring!

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

I have been wanting to post but I didn't want to bore you with the everyday stuff and not have pictures to share.

Today is officially the first full day of Spring!! It is chilly outside but it is oh so sunny and standing inside looking out, it looks great. Hopefully by the end of the week, the weather will warm up a bit (according to AccuWeather).

This morning while waiting for a load of laundry to come out of the dryer, I decided to finish up DS's graduation announcement. I was at the point where I had to do the Smyrna crosses surrounding "Follow Your Dreams" and I couldn't do it in hand in the car. They just weren't laying straight. Also I had planned to use metallic DMC and that was not cooperating so I changed it to Kreinik Blending Filament and I am very happy with the result. Here is his graduation announcement in all its glory (with the wording taken out for safety reasons):


Here is the information on this very special gift:
Graduation Announcement for my very DS
April 2006 Stoney Creek Magazine
Stitched on 28 ct. Paradise Sky from Silkweavers with DMC and Kreinik Blending Filament and two Mill Hill gold beads
Colors changed from magazine to his school colors. The blue and gold is his current school and the red symbolizes his soon to be high school colors (red and white)
Started: February 1, 2007
Finished: March 21, 2007

I am so happy this is finished. Now the hunt will be on for the perfect frame and mat and I still have 3 months til I give it to him. I have never been so ahead of the game for a gift.

Now after I fold the next load, I will pull out my next car project and start that. It is from a UK magazine and it will be for my bathroom. I can't give the particulars because I can't find the magazine. I have to give a shout-out to St. Anthony to help me. I did find the floss and fabric but no magazine. Hopefully it turns up before I have to get to school to pick up the kids. I have been enjoying my stitching in the car. :)

I did pick up Tesori the other day and I am almost finished with Trentino. I plan to finish that and the next region before I move onto another WIP which is Coffee.

Well I better go have a talk with St. Anthony. Have a great day everyone!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Mia, what a fabulous gift for your son. I know he will love and treasure that from you. It looks great and congrats on being so far ahead.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home