My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Friday, April 13, 2007

TGIF

Good Morning All!! It has been awhile and it is not like I didn't have things to talk about. It has just been too busy around here. My kids' spring break was long and I barely had time to check email because there was always a child on the computer. Then by the time I got to sit here, I didn't feel like blogging. I know, I am bad. :)

Anyway, our Easter was very nice. It was quiet but nice. We had a nice day at home with just going to Mass and then dinner at my sister in law R's house. She had a wonderful dinner and we had a great time. But I realized some time on Monday that all we (the girls) talked about was food. We talked about dinner, recipes, cakes, breads, you name it. From start to finish, the entire afternoon/evening was spent talking about food. LOL But it was nice. You see, both of my sister in laws are great cooks/bakers. I always get great tips from them and I always enjoy whatever they prepare.

This past week was still Spring Break (they went back to school yesterday) and I am now trying to play catch up with housework and so on. DD also had a huge project which is due today. We spent most of the week working on that. I will be so happy when 4th grade is over. I do not remember DS having this much of a work load when he was in 4th grade and that was only 4 years ago. I do know it is one of DD's teachers that thinks he is teaching college age students instead of 9-10 year olds. It is just too much and DH and I came to her rescue last night because she was on the edge of giving up. But hopefully her presentation will be okay. I could tell she was nervous today as she couldn't eat breakfast and barely finished a glass of milk I forced into her. I am now on edge as I can't wait for her to get out of school so I can ask how well her project went.

DS is in a lull right now and I am glad for that. He is pretty much on the downslide of 8th grade. All HS stuff is done at the present and all he has to do right now is keep his grades up. Easier said than done but I am proud of my little man. He is doing much better than I anticipated.

I have been stitching a lot lately. I don't know if it is because of my stress levels or just the need to vegetate or the lousy "spring" weather we are having. Regardless, I am enjoying every minute of it and should have some pictures to show next week.

Thank you for your kind comments on Tesori. I am loving it and the pictures do not do it justice. Even DH is impressed every time he sees me working on it. It is either that or he is still in disbelief that I WILL finish it. The fabric is almost 4 feet long. LOL

Michelle, you will love working on Tesori. I picked out two colorways and asked DH to choose. He chose the colors closest to the Italian flag. I am using DMC 321 and DMC 909. There is some accents done in DMC Metallic Gold (I forget the number but it is on a skein). There will also be some blue in the central panel that has the country outline. I forget the DMC number on that one. The other colorway was a darker red and green. I am pretty sure the red was DMC 498. I don't remember the green as I had a few darker shades which looked great with the 498. If you look on Carla's website, there is a gallery of stitchers' works. I wasn't about to do it in blue (I am just not a "blue" person) and there were some great ideas in that gallery.

My car project is also going great. Right now the bathroom sink I am stitching looks like a blob. As soon as I can backstitch it, I will post a picture. If my scanner was set up, I would show you what the three pieces will look like when finished. Maybe next week, I will try to take a picture of the magazine to show you.

This weekend should be quiet. I have a bridal shower to attend on Sunday. I feel old. It is for our good friends' son's fiance. I remember when the son was 7. Now he is 26. But to let you know I am not THAT old, I was just married when we met these friends. They are close friends with my sister in law. The wedding will be some time in September.

The rest of the weekend, I plan on doing whatever I feel like. The weather is going to be cold and blustery (I can't believe I just said that about April) and right now all I want to do is curl up with my cross stitching. But who knows?

After I send this, I really need to get back on track with my cleaning and such. It is never ending but I really neglected it this week with the kids home.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks so much for the info on Tesori. I like the brighter colors you've chosen. I'll be buying my fabric soon!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home