My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Do Stitch!!

It has been such a long while since I posted any kinds of stitching pictures. Then again, I really haven't been stitching til now. Anyway, here is a progress picture of my car project which is DS's 8th grade graduation announcement. I am jumping around as I want to do the personalization first since that is what I charted out. So here is a sneak peek of what I have been up to these days in the car while waiting for the kiddos to get out of school. This is from the April 2006 Stoney Creek Magazine but I have changed the colors to our school colors (the blue and the gold/yellow). I also plan on doing the 2007 which will be above the personalization in red. The red will symbolize the school colors of DS's high school. So all around this is a very personal project and one that I am enjoying stitching. The fabric doesn't come up really well but it is called Paradise Sky and is from Silkweavers. It is a pale blue with some slight mottling. I love it. Hopefully the next time I show it too you I can play with the coloring a bit to see if I get a good representation of the color.

DS has decided on which High School he wants to go to and we will register him on Sunday. It was supposed to be this past Sunday but it was postponed because we were getting the snow, ice and sleet crap yet again. So come this Sunday it will be official and I for one am glad this decision will be behind us. I swear I was close to having a nervous breakdown leading up to DS's decision. Now we will just be a lot poorer than we already are because he did pick a Catholic High School within the Archdiocese. But I do know a lot about this particular high school and DS will be getting an excellent education at this high school.

For today I am trying to get back on track after last week. That means mega laundry and I have to go to the food store and a few errands later. Right now I am waiting to get at least some of the laundry finished and put away so it won't be a burden come tomorrow when I want to get some housecleaning done.

Have a great day!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

You were very brave to let ds make the decision himself - hard stuff, isn't it?!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Mia, I hope the laudnry goes quickly so you can get back to the fun stuff!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

That is a very cool gift!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That's a great gift! I have tons of laundry can I ship it over?

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your grad stitching which reminds me my one nephew graduates in June and I need to find a little grad stitch-I may have the one you are doing!
I think I know which high school your son is going to and if it's near you, I have known many graduates from there over the years.
How do you like the snow? I can see the road, so that's a good thing.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home