My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Friday, February 23, 2007

It's Friday

Woo Hoo!!! I am so glad today is Friday. I thought it would never get here. I have spent the last three days decluttering, dejunking, cleaning and emptying DS's room. I told him last night I better never, ever see his room that way again. Of course I know I will. He is 13 and the teen years have just begun in this house. But what a job!!!

Right now, I am washing all of his new bedding and waiting for the furniture truck which should be here between now and noon. DS was so excited this morning. I just hope all goes well and the furniture is in place before he gets home from school.

...Well forget the above. The furniture was just delivered and it looks beautiful in DS's room. I will have to take a picture of it before he gets a chance to mess it up. LOL But it has to wait til I wash all the new bedding.

This weekend DS will be going to the 7th and 8th grade Valentine Dance at a nearby restaurant. He went last year and had a blast. I hope he has a great time this year. This will be his last mixer at this school.

Also, he will be making his final decision this weekend about high school. DH and I decided yesterday after an anxiety-filled week that DS has to make the choice of high schools and we will support his decision. We want him to be happy and it is time that he makes a choice with just some input from mom and dad. :) I will keep you posted about the big decision some time next week. We only have til February 28th.

In stitching news, I am making good progress on DS's graduation announcement. I am liking my color changes to the school colors and will make sure I take a picture. I am kind of jumping all around as I want to get the personalization done before I go further. That has to be perfect and I have it charted out but it doesn't look great charted out. I will only know once it is stitched next to what I have stitched so far. I will definitely take a picture of it some time next week.

Poor Tesori hasn't been touched since Monday. I made a mistake in the lettering for "Adige" and frogged it. I haven't picked it up since. The only reason is that I have been too busy emptying DS's room and trying to keep up with normal household stuff that is really being ignored right about now.

AC Moore is having a floss sale this week and I am pulling out some charts so I can get the floss needed. It has been awhile since there was a floss sale and I know I have some charts that need DMC that I know I don't have. I have lists in lots of charts with missing floss colors so I plan on gathering them up in the next couple days and organizing it and then shopping for the colors needed. I also plan on revamping my Project Challenge. My list is in my sidebar so I will be updating that. I am thinking of adding on to it as I really don't want to take any of the charts off of there. So it is looking like I am going to be at about 30 or more projects. But these charts are already in my stash and it looks like it will be awhile before I can buy anything other than floss and fabric. I also plan on starting a wishlist. I have been seeing some new charts that I want but I am being good. Sometimes it helps to not have the extra money to buy so the challenge is perfect for me at the present time. :)

I best be going as I need to start putting DS's clothes and whatnot back in his room and I need to switch the washer and dryer with the next set of bedding.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home