My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Friday, February 02, 2007

TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone!!! I am so glad it is the weekend. I am trying to get as much stuff done today so I can have a relatively easy weekend. We are having some friends and family over for the Superbowl on Sunday and I want to definitely have it easy by Sunday because then I will be preparing stuff to eat. :)

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my Rose finish. I wish you could all see it in person. It really is beautiful.

In the past week, I have made some decisions about what to stitch next and my Challenge List. I went back to Tesori and am stitching the region "Trentino Alto Adige". It looks as though this is a northern region because it looks like snowflakes on the chart. I don't have much finished so no progress picture. I did manage the border and a couple of the snowflakes. I hope to get more finished tonight and maybe even tomorrow night.

I also picked out a new car project. I was doing an ornament but now I don't even want to look at Christmas stuff so that was put away til probably late summer when I will finish it. The new project is the 8th grade graduation announcement for DS. I just started it last night after spending a week changing the colors to his school colors (blue and gold) and charting out his name, school, etc. This will be a surprise and it should stitch up quick. It is from a Stoney Creek Magazine I bought at CATS. I think it is the April 2006 issue. I am not sure about the month but it is definitely a 2006 magazine. I will also keep the colors and extra fabric all together as I will be stitching this again in 4 1/2 years for DD. I will post a picture of that before I add the details.

I also took a good look at my challenge list and decided to take a few things off and add a few things. I have lots of coffee related things and while I will do them, I won't be doing them now til I know how much wall space, shelves, etc. I will have in my new kitchen. So in their place, I found a few bathroom things that I will do for our recently painted main bathroom. This is also where Rose will go for the time being. Eventually Rose will be placed in our powder room once I have a companion to go with it. So in the next few days I will change my project listing to show what I have changed. Since I already have the charts and fabric, it really isn't falling off the wagon of the challenge (I hope).

Other than the Superbowl on Sunday we don't have much on the agenda. Tonight I will probably just collapse in my stitching chair and enjoy the evening. Depending on tomorrow, I may do the same thing as tonight. LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Hi Mia! I can't wait to see that project you are working on for graduation. Maybe if I started something like that now, I'd have it done by the time the 7 year old gets through high school! HAHA

Enjoy your weekend!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Have lots of fun at your Superbowl party! We're going to one as well, even though we're not football fans. :D

5:51 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

We are just going to have Pizza and Hot wings for the Superbowl. Not anything big, now if the Cowboys would have made it, that would be different. LOL, one can dream!!

Anyway, hope to see some progress pics soon on your stitching!! Enjoy your Superbowl party!!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home