My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lazy Sunday

I finally had no choice but to switch my blog to the new google one. So far so good except it took forever. Gosh I know I talk a lot but not that much!!!

This weekend has been pretty laid back. I have a cold and it is pretty much wearing me down. Relaxing this weekend has been the best.

Yesterday we FINALLY bought DS his new bedroom set. A new furniture store opened near us yesterday and the sales they were having was incredible. DS ended up with a queen size bed, dresser and night table. After we get it set up in his room, we will see if there is additional room to get him the desk. He picked it all out and even though I wanted a different dresser, this one is fine. It is actually in the same set, it was a matter of the tall dresser or the long one with the mirror. He preferred the tall dresser. Now the fun part of dismantling his old room. The furniture will be delivered February 28 so I have exactly one and a half weeks to dejunk, declutter and empty the room. But it will look so cool in the end. I also now have to buy all new bedding because now he will have a queen sized bed as opposed to the twin we originally wanted to get. I am just happy that his room is big enough to accomodate the queen size.

Today I ran a couple of errands and now I am getting ready to sit and stitch. I stitched a little bit earlier and will be glad to get back to it. I really love Tesori but this one motif I am doing, I am not thrilled with. So far the frog did not come to visit but I still have about 1/4 left to do of the motif along with the gold backstitch I decided for this motif since my research showed that this is the region's symbol or something like that.

Tomorrow school is closed in honor of President's Day and that means we have one extra day of the weekend. I love it as I have nothing to do tomorrow. Well that is not true. DS has a biggie research paper due and the first part is due on Tuesday. This project goes from February to May. So far, he has almost all of it typed. All that is left is a conclusion and an outline. He is unsure of the outline so I told him I would help him. Hopefully we will do it all later so tomorrow is a free day for all of us. Right now I let him go out and play with friends because he really did work hard most of the day on this project.

Tonight I am hoping to just sit and relax in front of the t.v. with my stitching. The past few nights I have been in bed early because of my cold. It really was for the best but I would like to be able to sit up tonight and stitch. I guess we will see how that goes.

Hopefully in the next few days I will have a progress picture of Tesori to show you.

Have a great evening everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Glad you're feeling better and spending some quality time with your needle and thread. :D

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home