My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

1st 2007 Finish

Well it is not quite the end of the week and I have my first finish of 2007. On Tuesday evening, I put the final stitches into Rose and I can now call this done and get it off my list. Yippee!!!!!

Here it is in all its beauty. I will be hanging this in the bathroom as my bathroom is blue (not my choice) and pale yellow (my choice). Here are the details and some of them are gory because of my start date on this. LOL
Rose by Heritage Stitchcraft UK (kit)
Done with DMC on 28 ct. white evenweave (I think Jobelan)
Started: August 8, 2005
Finished: January 23, 2007
This poor project has been rotated, put away and forgotten about in those 2 years. It was not a hard stitch at all. Life and new stitching projects got in the way.

Last night, I pulled out Tesori and put it back in the q-snaps. I had plans on starting the next border of "Trentino" but got sidetracked with school stuff and household stuff. I am hoping tonight to get a start on the next region. The weather is going to get downright nasty around here and I would not be surprised if school is closed tomorrow because of the ice that will form overnight from a snow shower we are supposed to get around rush hour. I so hope so if the weather is bad. I hate driving on ice. It is one of my worst fears.

I am trying to get household chores done today and so far I have accomplished quite a bit. I would love a free weekend. I haven't had a chore-free weekend since before Thanksgiving and I am hoping to have that this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

It's lovely, Mia! I'm with you about driving on ice. Actually I've only been driving since just after Joshua was born, so I really don't trust myself to drive in snow.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

What a pretty piece...I loved watching the progress you made..

I am not a fan of winter driving either.Three weeks ago we had a huge ice storm and I hurt my car sliding into the curb as tried to stop and wrote of the tire rim.I leave the winter driving to hubby.

1:33 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Mia it turned out just gorgeous!!! Congrats on the wonderful finish! I just love it!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Rose is beautiful! WOW!

Hunker down and get some good stitching done in that nasty weather - I think we're in for another round of it next week!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your first finish!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on your finish! It's very pretty :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gorgeous! So glad to see this beautiful piece finished. I'm with you about driving on the ice - so scary!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be very proud of yourself Mia! It's been fun watching your progress on this.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Very pretty - congrats on your first finish for 2007!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful finish! Congrats Mia.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home