My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Monday, January 22, 2007

A Little Late-Stitch Related

I can't believe it but I actually stitched yesterday. I spent the better portion of the weekend deciding what I wanted to start to get me motivated. I have so much I want to do and in the end, I decided to pull out my "Spot of Coffee" by Little House Needleworks. It is special to me because it was a gift from Cathy. But I didn't start it. I didn't even kit it up. I pulled out Rose and stitched lots yesterday. I am almost finished. I was going to take a picture but I figure I will be posting the finished product in the next few days or so. It felt so good to sit down and relax. I guess all the right elements were in place this weekend. There was cold weather, family down time and football. Some time this week I will kit up "Spot of Coffee" and start that as a car project. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I have fabric for it. :)

So the reason for this post and it is a bit late but it is my 2006 wrap up of what I started and accomplished.

In 2006 I finished 7 projects. That is so much better than the measly 3 I finished in 2005. I started many of those projects in 2006. The only projects that have not been finished is Tesori, Coffee and Rose (which will be a finish very, very soon).

For 2007, I have decided not to do anything drastic. I never keep resolutions so it is only natural that I will not keep to a rotation. I have tried in the past and it doesn't seem to work. It only stresses me out and slows me down.

I will keep to the 25-project challenge I have signed up for. I may tweak the list a bit because as I was digging through stash this weekend, I found things I rather do. I figure that will be okay because I haven't even touched the list and all this stuff is in my stash anyway. Right now I am not worried about it, as I still love most of the stuff on my project list. It may only be a one or two project change at the present. I want time to think about it before I do anything. It may end up me not doing anything at all. I don't know.

After I finish Rose, I am leaning toward going back to Tesori. I figure I will do another two regions and then change to Coffee or even something new. Again, that is later this week before I have to decide what to do.

Today I woke up to a thin layer of snow and ice. This is the first we have seen all winter. I am so hoping to get at least one big snow storm this winter. I don't want my kids new winter boots to go to waste. I also like the idea of a snow day. That is the only way I enjoy snow. :)

For today, I have laundry and the usual to do. I won't bore you because most of you do the same thing. I also need to run to the grocery store but that won't be til early this afternoon.

Have a great day!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Missed you! Glad to hear you picked up Rose and did some stitching yesterday. I can't wait to see a photo! Congrats on all of your beautiful finishes in 2006 also!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, Anna and I live within 25 miles (or so) of each other and it's neat to see you mention the coating of snow. I like one good snow event too. I just worry about the guys driving in it.
I don't make project lists. I have about 6 in various stages of completion and a few I'd love to start, but I need to finish one of the 6 first!
Good luck with the rose and coffee one.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Von said...

I'm glad you refrained from making any stitching goals for this year - you have big things to accomplish on your house. Your stitching should be comforting to you, not something more to keep up on! :D

1:22 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

I can not wait to see some pics of Rose!!!! So glad that your are getting your stitching mojo back!!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you got to sit and stitch this wekend, I think those are the best weekends. :)

We have yet to see any snow either and I am thinking the same thing, I wonder if we wasted money buying snow boots for the kids this year.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

I only got a couple of finishes...maybe I should include a few quickies like bookmarks, etc in my wish list!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home