My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Thank You North Carolina

Well it is back to reality for me. We just got back on Saturday from a wonderful vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Wonderful is such an understatement for such a beautiful state and a beautiful beach resort. We stayed in the town of Corolla near Duck in the Outer Banks. We stayed in a beautiful rental home right on the 13th Green of the Currituck Country Club. We were there with our best friends and had many laughs, good food and good times. Even the 8+ hour drive was worth it. If we went straight through from Philly area we would have gotten there in about 7 hours but we made a few pit stops along the way. I thoroughly enjoyed stopping at various shops and restaurants and the people could not have been nicer. We are so hoping to go again next year. Now I need a reality check. LOL

This week is Band Camp for DS and he is already at school. I actually had to make lunch for him today. It has been a long time since I had to do that. I get to do that the rest of the week too. Fun, fun, fun, NOT!!!! But this Band Camp is well worth it as he will meet 10 other freshmen and make friends with the upper classmen/women and go to school in September knowing he knows students and is not all alone those first days of school.

Today I need to go to DD's school to get her school supplies. I love it. Last year, our principal arranged a shopping day with Beckers (school supply store) and I just have to go in, pick out the 5th grade box, pay and go home. After that I just need to get the basic pencils, pens, crayons. Later this week, I need to get her school shoes and be done with that. Her uniform should fit her for a while longer. I need the $$ to buy all new for DS and will do that some time next week. So for the next two weeks, I will be preparing to send my kids back to school.

I haven't been stitching because of preparing for vacation and the visitors we have had from Italy all summer. But that is going to be remedied this week. I am breaking my 25 project challenge and am buying myself something new. Nothing big, but I decided I want to treat myself to something. I just don't know what I want. Today and tonight I will stitch on something. What I don't know. But I have two blessed weeks of nothing to do and nowhere to go. This summer zoomed by because of visitors and normal summer fun. It will be nice to have some down time at home.

For today, since DS is out of the house, I plan on really cleaning up his room. It is a mess and I can't take it anymore. The only way to do it is this week when he is out of the house. I am sure he will appreciate it once he gets over the fact that I stepped into his "shrine". LOL

I best be going for now. Have a great day everyone!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alberta said...

Sometimes we need a change before we can get excited about our WIP. I find if I switch from a stitching project to sewing, I'm invigorated. Let us know what you treat yourself with! Happy shopping!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Can't wait to see what you buy for yourself. Sounds like you are rounding up a busy, but fun summer!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

I think your son may be going to the same school as my boss's son. Her kids are at band camp this week too.

Looking forward to seeing your stash--you know I'm against not spending. ;)

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home