My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Quick Update

Sorry to have been gone so long but summer is just whooshing by. It has all been good though. I just want some lazy days of summer but it doesn't look that way.

DH's aunt who lives in Italy has been here visiting for the past 5 or so weeks. She leaves today. To say I am going to miss her is an understatement. I just adore this woman. She has spoiled all of us the past several weeks with her charm and her wonderful cooking. Last night I kept getting teary eyed while at my sis in law's for our final family dinner while she is here. Today is going to be tough for me. I can only imagine how it is going to be for my father-in-law, sis in laws and my husband.

The addition is going great and I finally have my big kitchen window in place. DH and brother in law installed it yesterday. I have pictures to share but I haven't had the time to upload them yet. I will get to that sometime soon. I have lots of pictures to share but haven't had the time to do it.

Starting tomorrow I have to go back to reality. I need to food shop as I haven't done a biggie food shopping trip since DH's aunt has been here. My cupboards are really bare. I also need to get my house in order and that means staying home for a few days this week to get the house in some kind of order. I have been keeping up with the construction dirt, it is just the regular household maintenance that is sorely lacking.

After this week, we have more visitors from Italy. This time it is my brother in law's family. His brother and his wife and children, his niece and her husband and baby and his nephew are coming for two weeks. I haven't seen G's brother in about 20 years. It will be good to see him and his wife again. I have never met their daughters and I "think" one of his children is my son's age or close to it. I also have never met G's niece. I have met his nephew but he was about 6 the last time I saw him. He is now 30.

During their visit, I will be leaving on vacation. To say I am totally unprepared is an understatement. But I am looking forward to getting away and being lazy. This year we are going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. When we get back, we will spend more time visiting and then I will be trying to get the kids ready for back to school. What a summer it has been!! In past years, July usually drags a bit which is great but this year it was not to be and I swear I am going to blink and it will be the first day of 5th grade for DD and the first day of high school for DS. Every now and then, I have been getting nervous for DS. I have a feeling I will be a wreck by September 1. But I will cross that bridge when I get to it. :)

I have managed to stitch a little bit. I am hoping this week that I can unwind with my stitching. It really does bring me down to earth when I can sit and stitch. But lately that has not been happening. There just hasn't been time.

I guess that is about it from here. I am so hoping I will get a chance to show photos of our addition progress soon. I am aiming for some time later this week.

Have a great day everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for the compliment on Tesori - I am LOVING it! You chose the perfect color scheme. It sounds like although busy, you are having a great summer. Hope to see some photos soon! Take care of yourself!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a post from you Mia!
Relatives from Italy-how cool! I can just imagine the cooking....lucky you.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

You have certainly been busy, and more busy times ahead with more guests. It is great to see relatives when you haven't seen them for a while.

Joanne

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home