My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Every Picture Tells A Story

I have been trying to post these pictures for TWO days but blogger was being a bugger to me. I have no idea why. I have been good lately. Anyway, here is part one of your picture story of my house addition remodel or whatever you want to call it. I call it STRESSFUL!!

This is a picture of my house taken on May 25, 2007. It is the side of the house where my new kitchen, basement and upstairs room will be built. Just an FYI, we live in a contemporary split level home.

This is the patio that needs to be demolished in order to build. The door leads into my now dining room. The window you see is my kitchen window.

This is a view of the side of my house where all construction is taking place. The new addition will be extending from the lower window (my laundry room) to the front of the house. The laundry room window will become a door (I think) which will be INSIDE the house and will lead to the basement or cellar or dungeon. You pick. LOL


This will be the view of many of the pictures I will be taking. This is from the back to the front of the house and how it looked to me for the three years I have lived here.


Again on May 25, 2007, this is the start of something big. My DH is on the ladder, our demolition man a/k/a very, VERY good friend is in the foreground and my dear brother in law is on the side (he is in yellow).

After the patio roof was dismantled, it was time for the bricks to come crashing down and crashing down they did. Our friend is on the left, DH is on the right.

This is what the house looked like after the bricks went tumbling down. DH then put this black tar paper on the house to protect it from the rain. And boy did we get rain after that. Just our luck. LOL


On Wednesday or Thursday evening of last week (the days have now run together), our friend brought home this cute piece of machinery to smooth out and level the ground. If you look to the right of the picture you can see a nice pile of dirt. That dirt is still under my dining room window and will remain there for some time. I don't think some of my neighbors like this. But wait til they see the view in a couple of months. :)


Bright and early this past Saturday, June 16, 2007, this HUGE piece of machinery (a backhoe) took over my property and dug out the ground that will now be our basement, cantina, dungeon, whatever. :)


This is my view on Sunday. I can tell you I am a nervous wreck and keep saying to myself "what the heck were we thinking?". But I do know in a very short time, I will have a basement (that hole), a kitchen built above and another room built above that. I just feel my karma is off because people, namely DH and friends and family, are messing with my house that I love. Note the smiley face on the "wall". Our friend knew how I was stressing on Sunday and left me a memento. It really did make me smile and laugh when I saw it.

This was yesterday afternoon, June 18, 2007. My DH and brother in law had to make a form for the concrete to be poured. As I type, the concrete guy (someone my DH used to work with), is in the hole and is working. Later today, the concrete machine will come to my yard and pour concrete for the foundation. DH is on the right and BIL is on the left. In case you were wondering, they work for Pella Windows because I realize in lots of the pictures you see a truck and trailer that says "Pella" and people wearing Pella shirts.


So this is how I am spending my summer vacation so far. It is not that bad as I have been at the pool. But for today, I am going to be around the house doing laundry and getting my inside of the house in some kind of order. Who knows, I may even pick up a needle and thread. Tesori is sitting to the left of me as I type. It is tempting me. LOL
Have a great day and watch this space for more of my remodeling adventure. :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

Stay brave! You'll be so happy when it is done!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Mia, I've never lived through such a large renovation...but you seem so cool and collected! The projects seems to be going along the various phases quite smoothly. You have things well in hand so go relax and spent some time stitching!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow - that is going to be amazing when it's finished!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Those are some pretty big changes you are going through there! I can't wait to watch the whole thing unfold. Maybe I'll finally become inspired to do something with the back of my house!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Von said...

This is a huge adventure, Mia!! Thanks for sharing so many progress pics, with many more to come I trust. :D

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home