My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Gosh, It's Been Awhile!

It has been forever since I have been here. There is really no reason as things have settled down since the holidays. I think I have just been doing lots of things and haven't even been on the computer much.

First, we are getting ready to do a major renovation at our house. We will be adding an addition which will entail a kitchen and another room above the kitchen. DH has been busy planning it out and using the computer for such work. There have also been lots of talk with people about getting this project underway. I am sure to lose my sanity somewhere in the near future. My only savings will be the labor as DH, our BIL and close friends in the same business will be helping out.

Second, my DD has a biggie Social Studies project to do. I don't even want to get into it because I do not think it suitable for a 4th grader. 8th grader like DS YES but DD NO!! So suffice it to say, I have been doing her research. She just doesn't know where to look or quite how to do it. She gets so far and then gets flustered. I don't want that now in 4th grade. It will happen soon enough when she gets in higher grades. We will get through it.

Third, I am getting all the information ready for registering DS for high school. Where would we be without internet? There are so many options and such out there and all we are waiting on is one more visit to another high school and that will take place in February. Once that day is finished, I will fill out the appropriate forms and get him signed up. Then we will be broke. LOL I swear the bigger they are, the bigger the expenses. :) But it will be worth it in the end and DS will have a big part in making what is really his decision. DH and I just want to be armed will all information available at the moment.

Then there is the aftermath of Christmas and all the getting together with friends that we didn't get a chance to see during the holidays. It has been busy but there have been lots of fun and laughs.

As far as stitching goes, I haven't picked up a needle since the beginning of December. Along with losing my blogging mojo, I have lost my stitching mojo. I want to stitch. I just don't know what I want to do. So I figure, I will just take a break for a bit and see what happens. In the past few days, I am leaning toward taking something off my project challenge list and getting a fresh start. That usually seems to motivate me to go back to my WIPs.

So that is what is pretty much going on here. I may not be blogging as often but I will try to get on as much as possible. Of course, if the stitching bug bites, I will be here lots more often to share with you. We are all happy and healthy here. There is just lots going on and it will be ongoing for the next few months. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Concetta said...

Mia, it's so lovely to see you blogging. :) It sounds like you've been busy with life. I haven't been blogging much lately either (not much stitching being done over here either!) I hope you'll share some photos of the new renovations... it sounds like a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the end. Good luck with it all.

1:19 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Have missed you a ton Mia! I do hope that you get your stitching and blogging mojo back soon! I hope that things settle down for you a little, I am sure they will not settle a lot due to the renevations to the house but maybe a little!!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Goodness, Mia, no wonder you've been MIA lately!

Yes, the older they get, the more expensive they are! All you can do is just get through it and hope they can start to earn some of their own money soon for some of their clothes and extras. I won't go into anything more - it's too depressing. :D

Good luck with your addition! That's going to add a lot of frustration to your life too, but try to keep the end result in mind.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I have missed you, Mia, but I totally understand! I am slowly making my return to stitching, slowly. Look forward to hearing about the addition and DS' high school search!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your upcoming kitchen addition! I hope you'll find time to share a few pictures :)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home