My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Friday, August 24, 2007

TGIF

This week was very busy for me but in a good way. I spent the majority of the week schleping DS to Band Camp, pulling out school supplies, making lists for school stuff and getting over a cold. It is all worth it because after today, I should be DONE and waiting for the first day of school.

Today, we are going to get DS's HS uniform and shoes, DD's shoes and the rest of her school supplies. I need DD to try on her uniform but it should fit her as it was a little big on her last year. I also need to bring DS's band uniform to the dry cleaner.

Last night, we went to the HS to see the "preview" of the marching band. They were awesome and so was DS. He didn't miss a beat and DH and I were so proud. I am so excited for his first game in September. After the preview, the school provided us with a pizza party and we had fun and even met another parent or two.

The best is that DS feels he belongs at that HS. It seems like yesterday I was obsessing about whether the right choice was made. He had the choice of three schools and three good schools at that. He made the decision and I told him last night that he made the right one. To see him smile and interact with the other band members made my heart swell. I only hope that he does well academically. Then the money we are spending will be well worth it. :)

I did manage to buy some new stash. It is for my new kitchen and I will take a picture once it arrives. Of course it is mostly coffee themed things. I also bought supplies for said charts including a few magazine charts I want to stitch. Now I have to wait for it to arrive. :) In the meantime, I plan on doing a freebie and will kit it up some time this weekend.

This weekend should be downtime for all of us. DH will be working on the addition and me and the kids will be taking it easy. I just have some cleaning and laundry on the agenda.

Speaking of the addition, it is coming along nicely. DH hasn't really been doing much because of our family from Italy and vacation, but last night BIL and DH were working on the second floor. They need to prepare in order to build the final part of the walls. A support beam will be put into place and DH is hoping to have it finished or at least almost finished by early next week. I will try really hard to post pictures this weekend or early next week so you can see the progress that has been made.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your son is going to be very happy this year in band. Can't wait to see what your new stash is. Good luck on your addition. My dh has plans to add one as well.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog,Mia. I'm glad your son likes his new school.
I told my son he looks like he belongs at Penn State. It's a nice campus-big and nicely kept-CLEAN too.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home