My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

More Hours

There I said it...I need MORE hours in a day. This week has found me out and about at various appointments.

DS went to the dr. on Tuesday and is loving the fact that he is 2 1/4 inches taller than me and 2 inches shorter than his dad. The boy is 5 feet 5 1/4 inches and 119 pounds. We are going back again this morning so the nurse can read his TB results (can't even find where the needle went, thank goodness) and he needs to get his ear cleaned out. He has been complaining about his ear and the dr. can't even see if there is an infection. He just guessed that there wasn't because of the absence of a fever. We will find out later today.

Then yesterday DS had Freshmen Orientation at the high school. To say he is loving going to the school is an understatement. I just hope he stays this happy once he actually has to open a book and work. LOL

Tonight he has band practice and then Saturday is the first football game and the marching band will be present. Between now and then, I plan on making something for the bake sale table and I need to charge my camera battery so I can take pictures.

Last night for the first time in forever, I stitched and had fun and can't wait to do it again today and tonight. I don't have pictures yet, but I received my order from 123 Stitch and started "Chef's Wardrobe" by Sue Hillis. It felt great last night to be stitching. It is like finding a long lost friend. Starting something new was just what I needed and this design is much smaller than what I have as WIPs (Tesori and Coffee).

As soon as the camera battery charges, I will take pictures of the things I ordered and if I stop with just stitching white on white, I will take a progress picture of "Chef".

It is going to be a busy weekend. Besides the football game on Saturday, we are jarring our tomato sauce for the year on Sunday. I know I have blogged about it before but my DH's family jars tomato sauce every year. So this weekend we will be spending quality time with DH's sisters and brother in law and jarring sauce and of course having the first pot made for Sunday dinner. Monday should be low key and I think (I can't remember) we will be spending it with the neighbors that we went away to NC with. Then it is just a day before the kids go back to school. I can't believe it. Summer just whooshed on by. But I am ready for Autumn. It is my favorite time of the year because I love the cooler weather and all the pretty colors you see during those short months.

Well I best be going for now. I need to get some housework done before I trek out to the dr. with DS.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alberta said...

Mia, I couldn't wait for the photo, so I snuck a peak at Chef's Wardrobe...so cute! Is this for yourself?

11:18 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Glad you are getting some stitching in! Can't wait to see!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Girl, i told my husband I was hiring a WIFE. I need someone else to take care of some of the stuff around here!

Want me to send her your way for a bit? Tee hee!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home