My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Inside

There is a post below this one that shows the outside of my house remodel.

Okay, since I can pretty much safely move within the work area and since that is where most of the photos will now be taken, it is time to show you the inside of the addition. This is the back view of my soon to be kitchen. This is about 2/3 of the room. The other third is on the other side of the black wall. That wall will not be broken into til after the holidays. I still need the old kitchen and dining room.

This is just a close-up view of the new door and the existing house wall. Where the old kitchen window is, will eventually be my stove but further inside. I think DH told me that he is moving 3-4 feet inside the house and the new support wall will be built there.

This is a view of the new front window. My kitchen table will reside there in the Spring. I absolutely love the size of the window and because it is a bay window there is a nice size ledge for plants and pretty decorative things. I am so looking forward to having more than one house plant. (We have a Christmas cactus that my dear FIL bought us last year and it is the only house plant we have at the moment)

This is the view from the existing attic door. I cannot get inside of the upstairs without a bigger ladder so I stood on a step stool at the door. This is the showing the front of the upstairs. It is really big up there. :)


Again, here is a view to the right from the attic door. I must be crazy to have let DH do this. I will have twice the amount of housework to do when this is all finished.

So there you have it. I have to say here that I am very proud of my DH and my brother in law. They did all the work so far to date with the help of a few friends. The only contract work we have had to date has been a stone mason (the basement), the plumber (sewer pipes) and roofer (new roof).
I just realized I didn't take pictures of the inside of the basement. I will save them for another post. It is not much to look at but it will give you an idea and a good way to see the before and after.
Have a great day! Hopefully the next pictures I show will be of stitching. I really do stitch. Just not that much lately. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

MIA! What a spectacular change! WOW! Of course, you'd know I'd be commenting - I've been waiting for these! *grin*

Thanks for the pictures...your DH is an amazing man!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! It is really coming along now!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

I love the bay window, and WOW that room is huge!!!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home