My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Beautiful!

That describes the day here. Finally, after what seems like forever, the humidity has broken and it feels more seasonal around here. I don't think our temperature is going to even reach 80 today. I am so ready for Autumn. It is my favorite time of year and I can't wait for it to get here.

In other news, the roofers are here putting on our new roof. The outside of the addition is now complete other than the siding and the roof and the odds and ends that DH needs to finish. There is also one more window that needs to be installed and I think that is happening this weekend. I am thinking that in the next month that from the outside, people will not know that there is still much to be done. It will look like home again. Probably in a month, I will start the panic mode because the inside will be more ripped up than it already is. LOL The target for my new kitchen is next spring. Lots has to be done before the kitchen can be installed. At least I will still have my old kitchen. I have to take pictures to show you. I have been lazy lately when it comes to my camera. I hope to remedy that soon when I am back into the swing of my "school routine".

I went back to stitching on my car project which is the Victorian Sink from a UK Cross Stitcher magazine. There is not much more to finish. Hopefully today I will finish up the cross stitching and then get to the backstitching.

Last night I sat so nicely with Chef's Wardrobe. There is still not enough to take a picture because it is white on white (well antique white actually) and it is just a white looking blobby thing. Maybe by next week, I will have more finished and will actually take a picture.

School is going good for the kids. They are settling in nicely and I have to admit that I don't have the nervousness and anxiety I had last week. I have my moments, but that is all they are. It passes quickly when I realize that I am getting back into my routine and with any luck, I will have a weekend free from housework. It has been a long summer as weekends were about the only time for me to get things done. And I don't work outside the house. Strange, but true!!

My plan for tonight is to sit and stitch again and veg out in front of the t.v. It felt nice last night and I plan on it again tonight. What a stress reliever!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Alberta said...

80???? We are @ 4.5'C today with a cold north wind....brrr!

I guess I'm not very talented...I find it hard to stitch while watching TV...I have less frogs if I have music playing. And as for stitching in the car...well I can just quickly read a map to see where DH has to turn before getting queezy. None the less, happy stitching!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Hi Mia!

I'm so excited to hear how your addition is coming along! And your stitching - that's probably what I miss about carpooling - I don't sit in a line for pick up so I don't get any stitching time (plus the computer is too enticing!). Have a good night!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Can't wait to see some photos of your stitching projects. Sounds like the house is coming along well!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Mia, I have been catching up with your posts. You have been a very busy lady this summer. I am glad to hear the kids are settling into school well. I can't wait to see more pictures of the house and your stitching. Take care.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home