My Thoughts on Life and Family and Where Every Stitch is a hope, a dream, a smile, a prayer, a good thought.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Focus, Baby!!

After spending a weekend with boxes of cabinets all around and dealing with DH tiling the kitchen and the dust of him having to cut the drywall in order to anchor cabinets, I figured out I need to remove myself from the situation for a bit. Right now I am anxious, excited, tired, excited and worse than a kid waiting for Santa to arrive at Christmas. Sooooooooo...I sat down and decided to stitch. After about 3 minutes tops, I put it down, grabbed my coat and DD and went out and did errands. That cleared my head and my wallet but at least it was stuff that we needed and not impulse stuff. I am getting good at making a list and sticking to it. It is the only way the budget will survive these days. I came home to DH still tiling, cabinets still everywhere you can see and decided to get on the computer. I really wanted to settle in and stitch but it just wasn't happening. Then it hit me... While I was trying to get motivated by reading blogs, looking at all of your finishes and WIPS, it came to me. I need some focus. With focus will come the concentration I need to settle down a bit. Of course, it is easier said than done. This all came to me on Saturday and here it is Tuesday. But I have a plan and it will start later today. That is my goal. Later today... I tried yesterday but I had to clean up from all the dust that was made from the NEW drywall being cut. Do you know I really REALLY despise cleaning? I need a maid. When I win the lottery, I am getting a maid. Then again, she will probably quit because I live with slobs. So I better get used to the fact that I am the maid.

Okay I digress...this post is about focus and what I plan on doing. I have quite a few things I want to stitch for my kitchen along with quite a few things that have already been stitched. For the moment I have two kitchen WIPS. They are "Coffee" by Mystic Stitch and "Chef's Wardrobe" by Sue Hillis. I will be jumping back and forth between those two til they are finished or close to finish. Chef's Wardrobe will be finished sooner and then I will add another to my list. Hey, I get a new start sometime in the near future. That is something to look forward to. It has been a long time since I started something NEW.

Now for the already stitched pieces. They are somewhere in my attic which is somewhere in my new upstairs in a box (I hope). Years ago, I bought 6 kits (I was a novice back then) of coffee pots and had them hanging in my old kitchen in my old house. The frames will not match the new kitchen and I am so sure they are dusty (especially if they are not in a box somewhere). So the plan is to unframe them, rewash, stretch and press them and put them in brand new frames that will match my new kitchen. I already know they will go along the top of the huge window. DH even thinks they will look great there as they are each 5 X 7 in size and very colorful. So my plan is to dig them out, check them out and then put them aside til I can get new frames. My only saving grace is that they are all under glass so any damage done will be minimal. I just hope I can locate them quickly. There is lots of stuff in the new upstairs.

So there you have it. I am going to focus and settle down and stitch. It is all there waiting at my stitching side of the sofa. I am hoping to get something done while I do my laundry today. I still have some more cleaning up to do but that is minimal compared to yesterday.

On the kitchen front, the first cabinet was hung up last night. I was going to take a picture but I think I will wait til more are hung up so you can get the full effect. I still don't like the picture I showed you the other day. In the meantime, while you are waiting for kitchen pictures, I may have a cross stitch picture to share. I just need to focus...

Have a great day everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I just now got back into the swing of things. That little freebie from Glory Bee was perfect to get me back to stitching!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a good plan with making something old new again!
Right now, my brother has a dumpster at my mom's and is making her get rid of tons of stuff, old and new. I begged him not to throw out books or other things that I could take to the Goodwill. I get sick and overwhelmed when I go there. Hopefully this cleansing will help. I also need to help her with her bill paying.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home